Created in 1999 Conkouati-Douli NP is the newest and the second largest of the three national parks in Republic of Congo. Situated in the southwest of Congo, on the Atlantic coast, the Conkouati-Douli National Park is the most ecologically diverse habitat in Congo. The borders of the protected area extend from the depths of the Atlantic Ocean, through beach and coastal habitat, lagoons and mangroves, savannah and wetlands to the mountainous zones of the Mayombian forest and the Niari savannah. The area is consequently home to an extraordinarily diverse range of fauna, with marine species such as manatees, marine turtles, dolphins and whales, and many terrestrial threatened species, such as forest elephants, gorillas, chimpanzees, mandrills and forest buffalo.
This tour includes:
- Entrance park
- All the activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Government taxes
- Car hire 4x4 land cruiser
- Guide fee
- A speaking english tour guide
- Accommodation in Pointe – Noire and Brazzaville
- Government taxes
This tour does not include:
- Items of personal nature
- Long cotton clothing; avoid the blue and black colors that attract mosquitoes and tsetse flies.
- Anti-mosquito product.
- Rainfall during the rainy season.
- Closed shoes to avoid sand fleas.
- Swim suit and beach towel.
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen.
What to carry.
- Travel bags and a backpack (no suitcase-if you must please let us know)
- Small daypack about 25 - 30 liters, suitable as hand luggage
- Solid, closed, ankle-high footwear with treaded sole
- Warm extra clothing (sweaters, hats, gloves)
- Rain cover (overpants, Jacket)
- Lightweight trousers in soft colors (beige or olive)
- Flashlight with batteries
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen (at least SPF 25.), grease pencil for the lips)
- Binoculars, Camera
- Additional meals (e.g. chocolates, candies, snacks)
- Personal medication
- Insect repellent , Disinfectant for hands
- The tour departs every month a minimum of 1 month is required to book and confirm the tour.
- Good health is necessary to the chimpanzees to visit (because infectious diseases can be transmitted to humans from chimpanzees, the animals may not be visited during cold and flu!). Travel insurance is therefore recommended.
- To enter you need to have 6 months minimum valid passport.